Monday, May 17, 2010

Start of a challenging Project!

My name is Aref and I am starting this blog to track my progress on a project for ages !

About 6 months ago I decided to move back from US to Iran and start working on a chemical plant revitalization.

The plant in question is mainly owned and operated by my dad for years, except the main part of the plant which is in charge of producing chlorine gas and caustic soda. It needs major upgrades and reconstruction work.

Here I am with a degree in electrical engineering with 4 years of experience in controls , faced with a challenging and rewarding task of helping my dad complete his "legacy".

Tasks to be handled:

1. Understand how a Chlor-Alkali plant operates

2. Figure out all the chemical processes involved and know them all from inside out

3. Find all the missing pieces of the puzzle

4. Design a much needed and non-existent control system for all the key processes

5. Make the current system compatible and integrate the designed control system into the plant

6. Repair and upgrade current machinery required for the process

7. Replace all old pumps and pipes and valves and other needed equipments and instruments

8. Procure all the ingredients needed from local and foreign suppliers (PLCs, Pipes, Valves, Instruments, Fittings, .....)

9. Put together a reliable team of operators and engineers to run and maintain productions at the plant

10. Do all above in a timely fashion and under a certain budget

Sounds challenging?

.

.

.

.

.


You bet!

3 comments:

  1. My Dear Friend, Aref,

    Congratulations to you for starting this blog.
    I'm sure you will finalize this project with the highest quality and with the lowest cost.

    With best wishes
    AceF

    ReplyDelete
  2. My twin Aref:

    Congratulations on your progress and your outstanding accomplishments so far. I am so proud of you. I tell you without a doubt in my mind, you are the most intelligent person I have ever known in my life.

    With your intelligence and your preseverance and the work ethic I know of you, you will put all the British and German and American engineers combined together into shame.

    I can not wait to celebrate with you the day you complete this challenging project!


    -Atef

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Bro! Your support and confidence in me, means the world to me!

    ReplyDelete