Saturday, June 26, 2010

You have to supervise EVERYTHING !!!!

A lesson learned from few years of working in the industry, if you want something done right, you gotta do it yourself. But of course there is so much you can do yourself before running out of time and energy.
Since time is very valuable in a project, the next best thing is to supervise something you want done right.
When you supervise, check on things every so often, you can correct it if it is not being done right or at least make sure they are working on what they are supposed to work on.
What I learned in Iran's workplace is that your presence at the site is VERY important. In fact the only way to make sure things are getting done is to make your presence felt!!!

In order to accomplish that, I had to come up with a way to spend as much time as I can on overseeing things by being there physically. That's why I made sure I can have a space that is comfortable, can be used very productively and most importantly close to everything being done at site. I call that place my "work shack". I have everything at this shack that helps me stay focused, interested and best of all conveniently located at where everything is being done. This shack had to be created at the plant where the project is happening!!!

So the plan was to turn an existing building to such a place in short amount of time with least cost to the project.

That shack will be all ready in less than a week and I am already very excited about that. I will be moving in, on Thursday, which will officially mark the start of implementation phase of this project!

No comments:

Post a Comment